What a whirlwind this last two weeks has been! I’ve managed to get myself back on track somehow, probably temporarily, enough to address some causes for celebration!!
To my utter delight and astonishment, I’ve gotten a hefty handful of nominations since the last week of April! One of my favorite parts of blogging is and has been the blogging recognition within the community. I never imagined such a robust, supportive group existed but here you all are!!
I’ve been pondering the best way to do this for a while now. I could do individual posts for each award type and risk ending up in someone’s spam folder. I could do day by day but that requires patience that I seem to have misplaced or donated to someone else! Combining them also means a post the size of the entire Harry Potter series in one.
The solution?!? A COMPROMISE!!
Half here, half there! Two decent sized posts trumps five small posts AND one giant post!? Right?? Well even if I’m wrong this is what I’m trying lol.
Up first on the stage we have the Liebster Award!
I was graciously nominated this award by The Book Nook! The author of this blog conveys just how witty, intelligent, and passionate she is in every post. It is a place to celebrate books, music, and photography that I highly recommend! Just reading her About Me section makes me smile and that’s just the beginning!
If you’re saying “wassat?” To the Liebster Award this section should clear up that sentiment.
Basic rules for the Liebster Award:
• Thank the person who nominated you (with a link to their blog) Get it, got it, done!
• Answer their questions Yup, did that!
• Write some of your own Scroll allllllll the way down.
• …and nominate 5-11 new blogs for the award! Scroll alllllllllllllllll the way down.
•What is your favorite line you have ever written? What does it mean to you?
I can’t pick a single line in this paragraph. It’s the excerpt. This is a small part of a book I’ve been trying to write for years. It’s a tribute to vulnerability and power being congruent.
“Laying on the cold cot, the moonlight caressed her deadly body and the fierce assassin melted into a small fragile girl. The sleek black armor seemed to dull and the shining silver blades held no gleam. Only the silence of the night witnessed her profound transformation and only the moon understood it was not a transformation at all. The gentle, lonely girl lay dormant all the time but the need to avenge her people was too strong, too intense to let her experience it alone. The assassin was born to protect herself and the village of tombstones.”
•Are you proud of your room at this moment, with its current state of cleanliness?
Ha! I mean I guess I’m proud it’s not as bad as usual but no one would ever call it clean!
•Where is your favorite place to wind down after a long day?
It varies! If possible, on the porch of my Grandma’s house with iced tea though. Her being 6 hours away makes that hard.
•Are you pessimistic or optimistic, or on the fence?
Optimist!! IT WILL ALL WORK OUT! I could be considered vindictively optimistic because it take it very personally when people try to make me “be realistic” or “stop being so positive”. I am realistic. I believe it’s entirely realistic that everything happens for a reason and will work out out one way or another.
•What is your favorite type of candy, sweet, or dessert?
Creme Brûlée ❤️❤️
•Do you consider yourself outdoorsy?
No. I want to be. I’m allergic to all the things though and have asthma. Outdoors tries to kill me regularly. I envy outdoorsy people.
•What is your favorite drink?
• If you could be anywhere in the entire world right now, where would it be?
Missouri at my Grandma’s house!
•Describe yourself in five words.
Bright. Curious. Inquisitive. Thoughtful. Paradoxical.
Entering on left stage is the majestic Mystery Blogger Award!
“The Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Three fantastic bloggers thought of me for this award. I’m honored and shocked!
Forever, Sierra Kay writes a blog about her passions and the things that she finds interesting. Ranging from photography, DIY, and other interesting topics her blog provides a plethora of entertainment! I encourage you all to give her a visit!
Lana Cole from Welcome to Our Campfire also nominated me! It’s hard to say where to start when describing this blog. For starters they are a husband-wife duo and there’s so much they write about ranging from family, their vegan lifestyle, brewing their own beer, camping, and random topics that interest them! It’s all there and no one could possible read their blog and be bored. I dare you to try and prove me wrong! 😉
The third one is from The Britchy One! Her blog is by far one of my favorites. It’s inspiring, hilarious, honest, and wonderfully written. You deserve to treat yourself by checking it out! (Answers to her nomination is coming tomorrow because her questions are super specific and I actually have 2 super specific award nominations I want to do together!)
3 Things About Me
- My fiancé and I have the same middle name but spelt differently.
- He vetoed my idea to give our daughter the same middle name spelt a third way… lame.
- I wear glasses and they make me feel old.
1. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog Check mate!
2. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself Yes Indeed!
3. Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award scroll!
4. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you Complete!
5. Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one Well that’s specific
6. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog I used ping backs! It counts.
Questions from the Campfire:
1. Do you have pets? Tell me about your pets or why you don’t have any…
No pets, too many allergies… 😦
2. If your the star of a reality show, what would it be about?
Dungeons and Dragons!! Or LARPING. I don’t LARP but I would totally star in a reality show about it.
3. What is the book 📚 your currently reading?
Harry Potter… again lol! I just finished A Court of Frost and Starlight which ended far too soon so I needed comfort.
4. Share with me something we don’t know about you?
I never wear matching socks.
5. Michael Jordan or Lebron James?
Michael Jordan? I know zilch about sports 🤷🏼♀️
Questions from Sierra Kay
1. If you could only eat one food dish for the rest of your life what would it be?
Do I have to face the weight gain consequences!? Chicken Alfredo stuffed shells!!
2. Are you an outside kind of person or do you prefer being indoors?
Indoors by lack of choice. Until I get my allergies under control the outdoors try to kill me. I’d rather be outside.
3. What animal do you feel drawn to the most and why?
Hawk, they’re patient and fierce. Two things I don’t feel I am but want to be.
4. What’s your favorite way to waste a day?
Video games and day drinking!
5. What is your go-to when you are craving something sweet?
I have one more Mystery Award nomination but that one is going to be in the second post!! It’s super specific!! 😁
Nominations of my Own!
I am going to be a little rebellious here. These nominees get to pick which award they’d like to display on their pages!! All of these blogs deserve both the Liebster and Mystery Awards. ❤️
Questions for the Nominees!
- What have you thought about most today?
- If you had no responsibilities today, what would to do all day?
- You’re at a fork in the road with no particular destination in mind. Do you go left or right? Why?
- If you could dress however you wanted with zero consequences how would you dress?
- What is your meaning of life right now?
Act I: FIN.
Thank you all for your amazing support and love! I can’t wait to do the next set and keep connecting with you beautiful souls!
Exit stage right.